Come join our growing team!
Office Administrative Assistant Job Description
Here at Valley Boiler & Mechanical Inc we are one of the leading mechanical contracting firms in our industry in the Roanoke Valley. We are hiring a fulltime Office Assistant to join our growing team. If you're a passionate self-starter, Valley Boiler & Mechanical Inc. is a perfect place to grow your career. Apply now!
Responsibilities for Office Assistant
- Greet visitors in a professional manner
- Provide visitors with information and direct them accordingly
- Answer phone calls and direct callers to the appropriate party
- Process, sort, and route incoming and outgoing mail
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies; order and distribute office supplies as necessary
- Great communication skills for coworkers and customers
- Perform other administrative support tasks, including updating and sorting files, drafting and proofreading correspondence, and conducting research
Qualifications for Office Assistant
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative or clerical role
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and comfortable working independently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and ability to operate general office equipment
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in Quickbooks and Mocrosoft Office
We offer a competivitve benefit package.