Position: Aquatics Supervisor
Part-time hourly; flexible scheduling; Pay rate base on experience.
25- 30 hours per week average (depending on season)
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school degree and two (2) years of related experience
- Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, CPR-PR, AED
- Pool Operator's License (Preferred)
- Lifeguard Instructor (LGI)
- Implement lifeguard training courses, in-service, and scheduling
- Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate staff appropriately
- Maintain daily/weekly chemical readings and levels to health code standards
- Plan and implement programming and evaluation of special events, aquatics programming, and activities to achieve growth in the aquatics department
- Manage and implement Emergency Action Plans when activated
- Perform pool equipment cleaning and maintenance as needed
Successful candidates will:
- Inspire others by example to ethically achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Have the capacity for logical, analytical and rational thinking
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Strive to exceed expectations, foster relationships with positive and effective communication
- Demonstrate competency working with innovative and evolving technology and equipment
- Perform strenuous work that may require lifting 20 lbs., swimming, and climbing
- Be aware there may be occasional health emergencies which may require administration of CPR and/or First Aid and/or contact with emergency response agencies
- Be aware there will be occasional maintenance/cleaning of pool area and/or bathrooms which may require performance to meet standard cleaning procedures and universal precautions
- Have exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, acids, and other cleaning supplies
Experience in lifeguarding and aquatics programming is required.
Certified Pool Operator is preferred but not required.
Applications are available at our Member Service Desk.
Corey Owens, Director
304 E Washington St
Le Roy, IL 61752