Join our Team - Part Time Opportunity in Rapid city
NOC Agent - Part Time
*Part-Time Position - Rapid City, SD
*Saturday, Sunday and Some Holiday Shifts
*Shifts Available: 7 am - 4 pm / 3 pm to 12 am
NOC Agents monitor the Golden West Telecom network for alarms and disruptions in service. Is part of the Network Operations Center team responsible for insuring service reliability and quality. Follows set procedures when dealing with fault isolation, outages and escalations. Demonstrates the ability to multi task and handle customer complaints in a professional manner. Shows the ability to enter detailed and accurate information in trouble tickets and company notifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors the Network Management System (NetOmnia) to proactively identify service impacting alarms and events on the network.
- Performs fault analysis, isolation and remediation of network events to determine the severity and what actions are required to clear the fault.
- Ensure all issues are properly documented, follow necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
- Utilizes the company escalation procedures and escalates to the next level of support if unable to clear issues in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the trouble ticketing system to log all activities and efforts during resolution of network events and outages.
- Becomes familiar enough to recognize a network incident (outage) and takes appropriate action to engage all critical personnel to resolve the outage.
- Provides companywide notifications with accurate and detailed updates during outages.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical in nature with the ability to learn quickly and share knowledge through one on one or group training.
- Ability to multi task during major outages with attention to detail and the ability to provide follow up when required.
- Ability to manage technical workload and engage senior technicians and management as appropriate.
- Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of operational support escalation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information.
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player in a fast paced, task-driven, team environment.
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.Flexibility and handling ambiguity required.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service whether internally or externally.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
Associate’s Degree in telecommunications, electronics or networking preferred.
Working experience in a Call Center or Network Operations environment a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have, or be able to obtain, and maintain a valid South Dakota driver’s license, have an excellent driving record and be insurable under the Company’s policy carrier.
Background check and drug screen required.
Golden West is an equal opportunity provider and employer.