Added $ Incentive
Job Description – SUPERINTENDENT HEAVY AND UTILITIES
- The Superintendent sets the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance.
- Manages the projects assigned by the Project Manager and/or General Superintendent.
- Provides leadership and management skills to optimize the effectiveness of the subcontractors and Lind-Exco personnel.
- Preferred - Four-year Construction Management/Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s license
- At least 3 years’ experience in construction/site development.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills.
- At least 2 years’ construction supervision and/or foreman experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction equipment, technology and methods.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Mathematical abilities at the level required to perform basic measurements and calculations.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak)
- Reasoning ability (logic) to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be “alert” and able to quickly and appropriately respond to various job-related problems and issues.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel and climb for extended periods of time.
- Body movements: Walking, turning, stooping and reaching for and carrying materials, steppiing over/around obstacles. Getting into and out of heavy earth-moving equipment, most of which is elevated well above ground level. The ability to grasp, manipulate, and control levers, pedals, steering wheels, and switches on heavy earth-moving equipment.
- Body sense: Must hear well enough to understand oral directions. Must see to read forms, labels, directions, prints and specifications.
- Must be able to consistently lift a minimum of 50lbs dead weight.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Obtain and analyze the plans, specs, scope of work, labor requirements, material requirements, and subcontractor agreements, on a timely basis, prior to the commencement of construction.
- Plan and schedule the execution of Projects for optimal efficiency within the constraints imposed by the customer.
- Ensure that the subcontractors and workers are provided all project information needed to understand their individual assignments and work expectations.
- Schedule and coordinate the subcontractors in a manner which will expedite job completion.
- Ensure that properly authorized change orders have been obtained prior to the commencement of any out-of-scope work.
- Reconcile material order quantities with drawings and actual onsite layout.
- Obtain or create Purchase Orders before making any purchase.
- Purchase Orders initiated by Superintendent must be complete and accurate, and forwarded to the Project Manager and/or the office on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the proper usage, care, storage, and security of materials, tools and rental equipment.
- Ensure efficient use and tracking of materials.
- Authority to organize, discipline, direct, coordinate, and evaluate all reporting employees and subcontractors.
- Work with Project Manager and/or General Superintendent to resolve construction problems.
- Responsible for managing general budget and overall project cost.
- Complete and oversee maintenance and proper completion of all daily paperwork.
- Work with all personnel and subcontractors to carry out the Company Safety Program, and prevent job accidents. The Superintendent should be familiar with all OSHA regulations, and should become an expert in them, or a “competent person” as defined by OSHA. Stress safety always on all jobs, and see to it that company safety policies are strictly adhered-to.
- Responsible for the weekly safety meetings held on the job site.
- Notify the company Safety Coordinator of any reportable incidents or accidents that requires documentation. Complete the appropriate paperwork for accident reporting.
- Ensure that the work site is clean and orderly daily.
- Attend job meetings with owners, architects, subcontractors, etc.
- Complete employee time cards daily. As appropriate additionally enter this employee time data into company software being utilized (presently Heavy Job). Forward weekly time cards to the Project Manager and/or office by the end of the day and every Friday after verifying and approving all payroll charged against the job.
- Perform and complete on a timely basis the quarterly Employee Performance Evaluations of all workers on his jobs.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Enforce adherence to the philosophy of the functional organization, including observance of reporting relationships and lines of authority.
- Continuously conduct on the job training and cross training of all employees in order to make them better, more productive employees.