Fulltime with Sundays, Mondays, & Tuesdays off.
Client Care Specialist (Shelter Aide)
The Rescue Mission is seeking a Full-time Client Care Specialist at Whitney Place, our supportive housing facility in Binghamton. This position works Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 3p-1:30p (off Sundays, Mondays, & Tuesdays) with flexibility to cover shifts as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops rapport with clients and provides support, encouragement, and motivation towards building and/or maintaining independence while maintaining appropriate professional employee-client boundaries at all times.
- Participates as a team player to provide the best possible care for every client who enters Rescue Mission facilities by completing rounds, monitoring facilities, facilitating drug and breathalyzer tests, giving out personal care items and bedding, enforcing guidelines as appropriate and referring clients to appropriate internal services; does so while treating clients with respect and dignity.
- Meets client’s needs by assisting with laundry, personal care items and ensuring clean safe living quarters.
- Shares pertinent client information via documentation, participation in meetings, and on an individual basis as needed, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Supports the Rescue Mission by agreeing to work within the parameters of the Vision and Mission statements, and promotes the Rescue Mission in interactions both internal and external to the Rescue Mission.
- Escorts clients to the food pantry, supervises them while they make their selections and helps stock and operate the pantry.
- Supports and complies with all organizational and Program Services policies & procedures.
- Supports and complies with the Rescue Mission’s vision, mission and core values.
- Promotes a safety first attitude by setting a positive example and ensuring all employees are following safety policies and procedures.
- Regular and predictable in-person attendance is an essential requirement of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in human services or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- New York State Drivers License in compliance with Rescue Mission driving criteria.
- Experience working with homeless, addicted and/or mentally ill clients desired.
Other skills needed to perform effectively include:
- Sensitivity and compassion for the homeless population.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Interviewing/assessment skills
- Flexibility to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Crisis management skills.
- Maintains a calm professional presence, even in times of being exposed to complex personalities, problems and needs of clients.
- Computer literate.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and generous 401(K) program plus additional voluntary benefits. Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.
The Rescue Mission is an equal opportunity employer.