Child Care Provider I (Assistant Teacher)
Full-Time 6:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday (40 Hours per Week) Looking for Infant Room Childcare Provider (Age 0-15months).
Provide high quality, developmentally appropriate child care and early childhood education to the children attending the Center for Generations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide direct child care to the children of the Center for Generations within an atmosphere that promotes the Mission of St. John’s United, as well as a fun, safe, caring, educational, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children attending the Center for Generations. This environment will enhance the physical, emotional, and spiritual development of each child in the program, including diaper changing, eating patterns, guidance management, bonding and attachment, etc.
- To comply with all St. John’s United policies and procedures, all state and federal laws and regulations regarding child care services, and health and safety standards.
- To attend staff meetings, appropriate workshops and other training.
- To identify the need for supplies and equipment for the Center for Generations. To assure that equipment and facility is clean and in good repair.
- To provide effective and appropriate classroom management and activities for the designated developmental/age group.
- To work with the Coordinators in determining the interests of each age group, and to provide feedback in regard to lesson plans and curriculum guides.
- To work with the Coordinators in creating and maintaining an effective classroom schedule and environment.
- To follow lesson plans and curriculum guides in providing a positive learning and play environment for the children. To also recognize that there may be times in which the schedule and lesson plans may need to be altered or changed in order to meet the needs of the group of children.
- To foster the developmental growth of all children, including physical development, cognitive development, communication development, and social emotional development.
- To provide opportunities for children to engage in small and large group interactions, outside and inside play, special events, quiet and active play, rest and meal times, etc.
- To engage in positive guidance management practices with children, maintaining a child’s self worth and dignity.
- To support the growth and actively participate in Eden Alternative tasks.
Must have a high school diploma or HiSet. Must have a genuine love for children. Must be knowledgeable and familiar with quality child care, normal child development, and State of Montana Licensing Regulations. Must be trained in child and infant CPR and 1st Aid, or obtain certification within a reasonable amount of time after date of hire. Must follow Practitioner Registry requirements regarding trainings and maintain current status.