Assisted Living Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Per Diem - $
$15.25/hour Must have 1 year of assisted living or skilled nursing care experience!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists residents with bathing functions according to resident service plan and as directed (i.e. Showerbath and whirlpools)
- Assists residents with daily dental and couth care (i.e. brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc. as needed)
- Assists residents with undressing/dressing as necessary
- Assists residents with hair care functions (i.e. Combing, brushing, shampooing, etc.)
- Assists residents with nail care (i.e. Clipping, trimming and cleaning the finger/toenails)
- Assists residents with shaving (female residents – facial hair, under arms, legs, etc. as instructed. Male residents – facial hair.)
- Position residents in correct and comfortable positions for pressure relief.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions. (i.e. Take to bathroom, offer portable commode, change Prevails, etc.)
- Assists residents in preparing for social programs, activities, and appointments (i.e. Church, parties, visitors, doctor’s appointments, etc.)
- Assists residents with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, and wheelchairs. Assists residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed.
- Answers resident calls promptly.
- Assists with the care of the dying resident, maintaining hope, dignity and love for the resident at all times.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Changes soiled linen and bedding.
- Disposes of soiled or contaminated items in accordance with facility policy on blood borne pathogens.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual TB Testing.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes to maintain current certification in accord with the State of Montana.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Managers or person in charge of area where work is being done.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must possess a current Montana State Nurses Aide Certification, or have completed the SJLM C.N.A course and will obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Skill in observation of human behaviors or changes of condition.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with residents, family members, and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Need to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully pass required state certification exam.
- Ability to use various health care supplies and equipment, including blood pressure devices, thermometers, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Ability to understand resident charts and service plans.
- Ability to relate to and work with the ill, elderly, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times, combative people within the facility.
- Ability to respond to residents needs in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the resident’s rights.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations (i.e. Death and Dying).