- Full Time
- 45000 or DOE Year
- 4341 B Street, Anchorage, AK 99503
Great team, travel and benefits!
JOB DESCRIPTION VESSEL MANAGER
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Vessel Manager is the main point of contact with the vessel’s Principal, the ship’s Master, officers, and crew and is responsible for assuring that all ship agency requirements associated with the vessel’s port call are managed satisfactorily. These requirements include ship operations, adherence to U.S. and state governmental regulations, pricing, contracting, approval of expenses, and risk management. The Vessel Manager is the “general contractor” and is expected to independently oversee agency vessel operations for the port call.
1. Must be capable of working independently with little direct supervision.
2. Must successfully complete testing requirements administered by both our Company and the Association of Ship Brokers and Agents.
3. Must demonstrate problem solving ability and the ability to use independent judgment to manage ever changing ship requirements.
4. Must be capable of boarding ships, both at anchor and dockside, via stationary or moving ladder or gangway, carrying applicable paperwork, laptop computer, cellular phone, small packages and be able to navigate irregular surfaces.
5. Must be willing to work irregular hours, including rotational weekend duty and evenings.
6. Must have good organizational and communication skills, including written and verbal.
7. Must have a valid Driver’s License issued in the state of residence and good driving record as determined by our Company and maintain adequate auto insurance according to Company guidelines.
8. Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
9. Must be capable of effectively communicating and working with individuals both domestically and internationally.