- Full Time
- 4341 B Street, STE 202, Anchorage, AK 99503
Great benefits, occasional travel, end of season bonus!
This is a seasonal (summer mid-April thru September) position for an individual willing to work variable hours including different shifts on a week to week basis. Must be a people person with good customer service, organization and office skills.
The primary duty of the runner is directly related to the needs of each cruise vessel. Each runner works closely with the crew coordinator and other staff. The ability to keep records of actions taken is essential. Organization and flexibility are a must. Hours worked per week depend on the vessel activity. At the peak of the season, hours can be long and will, at times, include working overtime on short notice.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meet/greet joining/departing crew. Occasionally making last minute hotel/transportation arrangements, and transporting crew.
- Organize government documentation and communicate with U.S. Customs/Immigration for inspections of the vessel, crew or passenger documents.
- Keep office staff apprised of local crew activity and/or change in activity.
- Assist in emergency situations with regard to vessel crew or passengers. Act as a communication link between the office and crew or passenger in a timely, dependable and confidential manner.
- Picking up freight from Airline, delivering to office or coach.
- Perform miscellaneous errands.
Applicants should also be well organized and capable of keeping track of multiple tasks and be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.. Due to our insurance policy, applicants must be 21 or older to drive on company business.
Valid Alaska Driver’s License with clean driving record required. Employment subject to background check.