Substitute Teacher Assistants
We are building our team of available substitutes to fill in for classroom aides for long or short term leaves.
- Assist the classroom teacher by working with children individually and in groups.
- Assist in implementing the child’s IEP/IFSP, behavior plan or regular program plan.
- Assist in the execution of a program to provide care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
- Prepare materials and learning areas.
- Assist in record keeping as assigned.
- Assist in room clean up.
- Supervise and interact with children at mealtimes, and during any and all activities.
- Supervise and assist children in toileting, hand washing, and dressing as needed.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Follow fire drill procedures to safely assist children to exit and re-enter the building.
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Experience working with preschool age children in a setting such as a licensed childcare preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work between 7:00 am and 5:30pm
Parsons Child and Family Center is a member agency of Northern Rivers Family of Services, a family of human service agencies who work together and are committed to helping children, families, and adults. As the parent organization to both Northeast and Parsons Child & Family Center, Northern Rivers coordinates the quality of care, depth of programs, combined size and passion for the mission to provide care for more than 11,000 people each year in 37 counties throughout New York State.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Our employees receive Competitive pay, Tuition reimbursement, Loan Forgiveness, Mobile and Entertainment discounts and much more!