- Full Time
- 17.90 Hour
- 16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Exciting LPN Position Available!
Licensed Practical Nurse
40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. One year experience in the provision of service to the developmentally disabled preferred. Must be licensed by the State of New York as a Practical Nurse. Valid NYS driver's license acceptable to agency insurance standards.
The LPN is directly responsible to the Assigned Residential Registered Nurse with respect to questions regarding Agency policies, practices or procedures.
A. Performs specific nursing responsibilities under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, including but not limited to:
1. Evaluates periodically the type, extent, and quality of nursing services and reports immediately to the Registered Nurse.
2. Reviews and documents health records and health care plans.
3. Administers medications as necessary.
4. Informs the Registered Nurse of service recipient's health status.
5. Performs infection control monitoring of the home.
6. Assists individuals in the carrying out of prescribed therapies or treatments as ordered by the physician and/or therapist.
7. Orders and logs in medication from the pharmacy.
8. Maintains formulary.
9. Checks medication cabinet weekly.
10. Reviews monthly medexes prepared by Pharmacy one (1) week prior to new month.
11. Reviews MAR’s daily for accuracy of documentation.
12. Orders medical supplies.
13. Schedules and attends medical appointments using Agency vehicle for transportation.
14. Attends in-service training.
15. Independently lifts and transfers service recipients to and from wheelchairs, bathroom facilities, therapy table, bed and performs any other transfers as required.
16. Provides hands-on direct support to the consumers residing in their assigned site.
17. Monitors BM records and menses charts.
18. Obtains and records monthly weights/BP's.
19. Monitors dietary status/Therapeutic diets.
20. Substitutes at another residence during absence/illness of other nurses.
21. Writes individual specific reports for RN’s review and signature.
B. Performs specific household and programmatic responsibilities under the supervision of the Supervising Registered Nurse, including but not limited to:
1. Ensures the home is free of safety violations.
2. Implements and documents individual program plans as recommended by the Interdisciplinary Team.
3. Attends all staff and service recipients related meetings as requested by the Registered Nurse.
4. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
5. Performs all other duties as requested by the Residential Registered Nurse.