- Full Time
- 154 Algonquin Avenue, Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Join a Fun Team!
Trudeau Institute, Inc. in Saranac Lake, NY is accepting applications for an Equipment & Grounds Technician in the Facilities department.
Maintenance duties relative to the buildings & grounds
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, but not limited to:
- Mowing & weed whipping
- Light tree work
- Snowplowing, snow blowing and shoveling
- Raking and bagging
- Perform preventative & predictive maintenance on facility equipment and vehicles
- Landscaping experience preferred, but not necessary
- Assists other crafts and departments as needed
- Hours: 5:00am – 1:30pm November - April
7:30am – 4:00pm May – October
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with snowplows, sanders, small tractor equipped with snow blower, front end bucket and mowers
- Must be a steady, reliable worker
- Must be able to read and follow simple instructions
- Must be able to work independently
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/ CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
One-year experience in grounds maintenance, riding lawn mowers
Ability to operate a variety of mechanical equipment
Ability to work with and knowledge of mechanical equipment
Must be able to follow safety instructions
Valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to stand, crouch and climb to be able to perform repairs, use ladders and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.