Exciting Supervisory RN Position
Coordinator of Residential Medical Services
40 Hours/Week, 52 Week/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. NYS RN License and minimum of two (2) years experience providing services to the developmentally disabled.
The Coordinator of Residential Medical Services is responsible to coordinate residential medical services up to but not limited to the clinical supervision of the Residential Nurses, oversight of AMAP process and residential medical training. Act as a liaison and community educator regarding services provided by the residential program. Provide ongoing Quality Assurance checks within the Residential Program identifying trends and make recommendations on how to improve residential medical services. Reports to the Director of Residential Services
1. Maintains optimal health and safety of residents via oversight and coordination of health services to include but not be limited to physical examinations, pap smears, eye and ear examination, medication evaluations, dietary service plans, dental examinations and other appropriate health related services.
2. Reviews agency medical and health services procedures and recommends policy modifications to the Director of Residential Services or policy committee.
3. Communicates effectively with health service professionals to assure provision of quality services.
4. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with professionals to assure provision of quality services.
5. Monitors and oversees Dietary services in the residential program by working closely with the Registered Dietician.
6. Participates, as appropriate, as an active member of the interdisciplinary team in the following ways: preadmission screening, discharge planning and individual program planning.
7. Participates in appropriate committee meetings as directed by program director, including but not limited to screening, incident review, infection control, human rights, special review and safety committee meeting.
8. Coordinates and provides when necessary, mandated staff in-service training of direct care personnel in the areas of:
a. Detecting signs of illness of dysfunction that warrant medical or nursing intervention.
b. First Aid in the presence of accident or illness.
c. Medication administration annual re-certification.
d. Basic skills required to meet the health and nutritional needs of the residents. (J Tubes, G Tubes, etc).
e. Diabetic teaching with 6-month updates.
f. Universal precautions including but not limited to: TB, Blood Borne Pathogens, HIV and Infection Control.
9. Attends and participates in all necessary staff meetings as time allows.
10. Ensures that all medical personnel fully understand all pertinent State and Federal Regulations as it relates to Health Care Services in the Residential Program.
11. Ensures that all medical personnel fully understand the survey process as it relates to health care surveys in the Residential Program.
12. Ensures that Pharmacy Review takes place in the IRA's semi-annually and quarterly in the ICF's.
13. Participates in oversight of AMAP status of residential employees including training and remediation’s needed.
14. Participates in recruitment of nursing staff by interviewing and recommending job applicants.
15. Assist with Job Performance evaluations of nursing personnel by providing input to Assistant Directors.
16. Ensures new Nursing Staff are properly oriented and receives on going training as needed. Acts as a mentor to new nursing staff.
17. Provides ongoing clinical supervision to Residential Nursing Staff.
18. Coordinates and conducts a monthly Residential Nursing Staff meeting.
19. Participates in the Residential on-call rotation.
20. Monitors, updates and maintains the schedule for the agency nurse on call system.
21. Reviews monthly Pharmacy bills to ensure proper billing and reviews for cost saving measures.
22. Files and tracks staff exposure form. Ensures agency policies and procedures regarding staff exposures are followed.
23. Monitors and enrolls residential individuals in appropriate Medicare Part D plans as needed.
24. Ensures all medical bills are billed appropriately to individual’s insurance and that request for payment of necessary bills is sent to Director of Residential Services.
25. Acts as a liaison with hospital and the agency when consumers are hospitalized. Fulfill the responsibilities as the consumers nurse while they are in the hospital. Assist consumers residential RN in returning the consumers back to the residence after a hospital stay. Update the team on the consumer’s current medical status. Provide any training or support to residential RN and team regarding any changes to the consumers care. Assist residential RN in writing new plans of care for the consumer as they return from the hospital.
26. Acts as a community educator regarding the organization and the services we provide. (Hospitals, Doctor’s offices, etc).
27. Performs ongoing quality assurance checks monthly within the residential program. Send summary of all quality assurance checks to the Director of Residential Services on a monthly basis.
28. Analyzes on call nurse reports quality assurance reports, and medication errors / medical incidents on a quarterly basis. Submit a report to Director of Residential Services identifying trends along with recommendation to enhance agency residential services and training.
29. Fills in for residential nurse absences.
30. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
31. Performs other work-related duties as requested by the Executive Director and/or Director of Residential Services.