- Full Time
- $14.75 Hour
- 16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Exciting New Human Services Position!
Assistant Residence Manager
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Residence Manager
POSITION STATUS: 35 Hours/Week; 52 Weeks/Year; Wed-Sat, Evenings
QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. AAS degree in human services or related field can be substituted for one year of experience. A valid N.Y.S. driver’s license acceptable to agency insurance standards. Satisfactory completion of Agency training program within six months of employment.
The Assistant Residence Manager is directly responsible to the Residence Manager with respect to questions regarding program policies, practices or procedures. In the absence of the Residence Manager, assumes administrative duties in relation to the daily functioning of the program supervision of staff and care of the consumers. Through their actions, he/she must demonstrate and understanding of the person centered planning philosophy of the agency; as well as it’s Mission and the Five Governing Principles. Staff will encourage and motivate consumers to foster personal choice, independence, inclusion, individuality and productivity in all areas of their lives.
1. Supervises and provides general direction to the staff of the residence in reference to the needs of the consumers. Conducts on site orientation.
2. Assist the Manager in maintaining adequate staffing by scheduling relief staff as needed.
3. Participates as a member of a person-centered planning team by communicating the consumer’s interest, likes/dislikes and by being a role model for the consumer. Implements and monitors programs by documenting progress towards the consumer’s valued outcomes.
4. Supervises and participates in the day-to-day operation of the residence by assisting in meal planning and preparation, inventory, shopping and purchasing of food and household supplies, and the cleaning of the residence, while actively involving the consumer to the greatest degree possible.
5. Attends, participates and provides all agency required training sessions as per agency policy. This includes at least 120 hours of training during the first year of employment and all re-certifications and updates as directed thereafter.
6. Conducts and implements employee van driving tests when necessary.
7. Ensures and provides for the safety and welfare of consumers at all times while allowing the dignity of risk when consumers make informed choices.
8. Provides assistance and training for consumers in all personal skill areas through the implementation of the programmatic plans of service as agreed upon by the consumer, advocate and team.
9. Fosters community inclusion by involving the consumer in the planning and implementation of recreational and leisure time activities.
10. Supervises and/or Provides with direct personal care to consumers including, but not limited to: feeding, dressing, toileting, and personal hygiene, while respecting the privacy and dignity of each consumer.
11. Assists consumers and/or co-workers in performing lifting or transferring consumers to and from a wheelchair, bathroom facilities, therapy tables or bed, and performs any other lifts or transfers as required.
12. Ensures the daily documentation and/or unusual occurrences including, but not limited to: fire drill performance, incident reports, program data sheets, time sheets, vehicle mileage sheets, daily log entries, bed checks and any other documentation as requested by your supervisor.
13. Schedules, coordinates, and transports and/or escorts consumers to program, medical, dental, or other appointments as needed.
14. Attends and participates in all staff meetings.
15. Administers medications and treatments upon satisfactory completion of the medication administration course. Certification must be maintained through remedial training and annual re-certification.
16. Implements and carries out prescribed therapies or treatments as ordered by licenses physicians, nursing staff or therapists. Performs behavior management (SCIP) when necessary.
17. Demonstrates an understanding of person-centered philosophy by respecting and encouraging consumers to be as independent as possible, providing opportunities to make life choices, encouraging consumers to communicate their feelings and fears without the fear of harm or reprisal, and ensuring the consumers receive supports and services which are effective and meet their needs.
18. Performs all other duties and may be reassigned to other residences as directed by the Assistant Residence Manager, Residence Manager or Residential Administration.
Thank you for contacting Saratoga Bridges. To speed up the process if you have not done so yet please go to http://www.saratogabridges.org/ click on “Join Our Team” then click on “Apply Online” and click on “Apply Online Now”. Please completely fill out the online application. If you have already submitted an application thank you. Your application and/or resume will be reviewed. If you meet the required qualifications of the position we will call you to setup an interview.