Most Popular Acadiana Area Job Postings
Some Job Postings get increased traffic (views, clicks and applies) simply because there are more people likely to be qualified and interested in a particular type of job. For example, there are far more people who are ready to be salespeople than brain surgeons.
There are also some things you can do to increase interest in your posting. Generally, a Job Posting with lots of detail about the position and the company will perform well. Provide a detailed description of the position. Include the hours, the benefits and the salary an applicant can expect.
These are the best performing Job Postings currently displayed on Acadiana Help Wanted.
The Opelousas Pregnancy Center invites YOU to become a part of an exciting new resource for mothers and babies in Opelousas, Louisiana! OPC will offer a caring home and loving environment that provides pregnant women in the area with counseling, pregnancy testing, prayer, support, referrals for medical care, ultrasound, equipment, and supplies, all free of charge! Each mother will have access to information and education about healthy pregnancy, infant care, parenting, home management, budgeting, and anything else she may need to make her confident of her ability to choose life for her child.
You can make it possible for us to achieve our greatest goals: saving the lives of babies and bringing the Gospel to their families. You are not only committed to these goals, you have the knowledge and skills to be the primary mover in making it happen! You are a great communicator, a self-starter, with a proven track record in strategic, tactical, and financial planning. You have experience in fundraising, public speaking, and leading both staff and volunteers. You are caring and compassionate, demonstrating the love of Jesus to clients and constituents. You respond well to the leadership of a committed, knowledgeable, and dedicated Board. See all the details in the attached job description. Starting salary level is at least $35K, with higher levels possible based on your experience and expertise.
OPC is in its infancy, so you have the opportunity to hit the ground running! We are looking to fill this position as soon as the right person appears.
Opelousas, Louisiana is a small town with a big heart. Plenty of local folks will be standing ready to help you in the establishment and running of the Center. There is also much need for the Center's services, with an ample population affected by poverty and in need of healthy choices. Your familiarity with local folks will be a great advantage to you in the pursuit of this position.
If YOU are the person described, don't hesitate. With your resumé, send a thoughtful cover letter that helps us understand why you are the perfect choice. We'll respond with an application for you to complete and submit and a possible invitation to interview with the Search Committee. Submit your letter and resumé to the Search Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Opelousas Pregnancy Center, P. O. Box 1997, Opelousas, LA 70571-1997.
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the pregnancy center, including overseeing the programs, administration, strategic planning, financial management, and human resources of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, media relations, and community outreach. This full-time, exempt position reports directly to the Board of Directors and supervises all staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Board in the effective execution of OPC's mission and vision.
- Work with Board members and committees to prepare and submit to the Board annual strategic, tactical, and financial plans for approval; execute and monitor implementation of the plans; report progress to the Board regularly.
- Administer all Board policies.
- Communicate effectively with the Board, attending every Board meeting and reporting as required.
- Provide to the Board, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary or requested for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Assist the Board in the regular evaluation of OPC programs and activities.
- Maintain confidentiality with the Board in all sensitive areas of operation.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation to provide for immediate and effective transition in the Executive Director position.
- Establish and maintain the centrality of Christ in OPC operations, interactions, and reputation.
- Ensure the highest level of integrity and honor in all OPC operations and interactions.
- Create and maintain employment and administrative procedures for the successful implementation of OPC's programs.
- Manage and deploy OPC's resources effectively and efficiently.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and retain qualified, competent, and effective staff.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer staff with compassion and gratitude while enforcing high expectations and performance.
- Manage budgeting and financial recording, and provide accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Calculate financial projections and manage cash inflow and outflow successfully.
- Refrain from entering into contracts, debt, notes, or other agreements without the express consent of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping and compliance with the requirements of governmental, regulatory, and professional organizations.
- Be a witness for Christ to staff, volunteers, clients, and the public.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for OPC's constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Enhance the public perception of OPC by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Provide for the successful and effective marketing of OPC's programs to ensure sufficient client and service levels.
- Communicate the goals, activities, programs, and needs of OPC to donors and volunteers.
- Provide for successful donor management that fully supports the needs of OPC.
- Conduct fundraising events and campaigns to enhance donor management.
- Maintain productive relationships with churches and ministries in the service area.
- Educate potential clients and the public regarding issues of importance to OPC's programs.
- Unqualified agreement with OPC's mission, vision, statement of faith, and pro-life values
- Strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Church membership in good standing
- Ability to articulate a saving faith to others in all walks of life
- Personal history and lifestyle of faith, honor, integrity, Christian values, and impeccable reputation
- Ability to create and communicate a vision for OPC that compels the attention, commitment, and action of others
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field, or the equivalent in related experience
- Professional experience and skills in administration, program implementation, staff supervision, financial planning and management, marketing, development, fundraising, public speaking, and media relations
- Capacity for spiritual leadership, discipleship, compassion, encouragement, and direction for clients, staff, and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills effective with a diverse population
- Full Time
- $35,000+ Year
- Opelousas, LA
Part time job at Hebert's Garden Center in New Iberia for a high school or college student. Must be able to work weekends. 20-30 hours per week. Very flexible with schedules. Responsibilites include sales and/or outdoor nursery work. Great learning experience. Call 337-365-6110 for more information!
- Part Time
- New Iberia, LA
To maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment for a private households.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
- vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies
- shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery
- dust and polish furniture and fittings
- clean metal fixtures and fittings
- empty and clean trash containers
- dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- wipe down glass surfaces
- make up beds and change linens as required
- tidy up rooms
- sort, wash, load and unload laundry
- iron and press clothing if needed
- sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- operate mechanized cleaning equipment
- maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- wash dishes and clean kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
- clean appliances
Pay: $15.00 per hour
3 days a week 5 Hours per a day
- Full Time, Part Time
- 15.00 Hour
- Lafayette, LA
911 Dispatcher (Part-Time)
The Vermilion Parish Communications District is now accepting applications for the position of:
Telecommunications Operator II (Part-Time Position)
The Telecommunications Operator II receives emergency telephone calls from the public, requests for public safety assistance, and other information, and processes all pertinent information to the appropriate agency(s) or person(s) in a professional and efficient manner. This person works a shift type schedule with varying work hours and workdays, and may be required to be on-call for work assignments. Part-time positions typically work 24-28 per week.
Applicant must be at least eighteen years of age at the time of appointment and must have a high school diploma or equivalent; must be able to read, write, and speak clearly and concisely in English; and must be in good health and free from any physical or mental dysfunction which may tend to impair efficient performance of duty. Applicant must not have been convicted of any crime which would prohibit access to law enforcement or public safety information must be free from any problem that might adversely affect or compromise operational security or job stability. Applicant must have the manual dexterity to operate a typewriter, telecommunications devices, and other similar type systems or equipment. Applicant must be able to type a minimum of 25 correct words per minute. Applicant must also have general knowledge of cities, towns, villages, highways, roads, streets, and geography of Vermilion Parish; and must be willing to work on weekends, holidays, and odd or irregular hours. Applicants must be able to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with official personnel and the general public, often under stressful conditions, as well as be able to react quickly, efficiently and calmly in all situations including emergencies. Previous experience in Telecommunications and/or Public Safety preferred.
Applicant must obtain an Employment Application Package from the Vermilion Parish Communications District, Parish Courthouse Building – 3rd Floor, 100 North State Street, Suite 201, Abbeville, LA 70510. The Employment Application in the package must be accurately and fully completed, signed by the applicant and returned to the Communications District, all in accordance with the instructions contained in the Employment Application Package, in order for the applicant to be considered as a candidate for employment. The applicant must return the completed package in person.
Initial application may be made online, but candidates will have to fill out a complete application package in order to be considered for employment.
- Part Time
- Abbeville, LA
No experience required, starting pay of $16.47 to $33.82/hour, $56,700 /year average pay PLUS full Benefits. The Postal Service employs nearly 1 million people and is hiring for MANY different positions nationwide. CLICK HERE for application and Postal Service job information. Postal Service employment also includes career advancement, good working conditions and GREAT job security. The Postal Service is the largest government related agency in terms of employees. There is NO experience required, paid training is provided for all job openings. There are MANY different positions available.
For application and Postal Service job information, CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE 24 hours a day to get information on ALL of the Postal Service career opportunities available
he Postal Service is the largest government related agency in terms of employees, currently employing nearly 1 million people. There are retail locations, mail distribution centers and Postal hubs within the Postal Service's operations. The Postal Service is currently hiring and there are MANY different positions available. The Postal Service has excellent and challenging employment opportunities. Postal Service employment includes great pay, good working conditions, career advancement, and job security that can lead to a lifetime career. To qualify for employment, you must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen.
Postal Service operations are wide ranging from clerks handling and sorting mail to sales and marketing teams that work with commercial customers. There are various types of clerks that work throughout the postal system, some clerks handle bookkeeping or light accounting duties while other clerks sort mail and handle address changes. In some postal facilities, a large volume of mail is processed. Therefore, there are specific individuals that are responsible for shipping and receiving mail. Due to the size of postal operations, the postal service employs a sizable sales and marketing team that works with commercial customers and their needs. Postal Service operations are wide ranging.
The Postal Service currently employs nearly 1 Million people. There are many employment opportunities with the Postal Service from entry level to management. Certain career fields exist in most or all of its departments. These fields are usually administrative, general office and clerical in nature, such as accountant, administrative assistant, auditor, bookkeeper, clerk, office assistant, secretary, staff assistant, typist, etc. To allow a better understanding of the Postal Service, the following list will give a brief description of some of the career fields that make up the Postal Service.
- Mail Processing – Performs a variety of functions to accomplish the processing of mail. Functions may include the sorting and handling of mail and preparing mail for shipment to the next destination.
Labor Services is a private employment service that offers assistance in gaining employment and is not affiliated with the USPS, US government, its agencies or affiliates. Labor Services has been assisting individuals in gaining Postal Service employment for over 18 years and we are here to assist you through the entire Postal Service hiring process allowing you to gain a great career with the Postal Service. The Postal Service was created over 200 years ago and is the largest agency in terms of employees, currently employing nearly 1 Million people. There are retail locations, mail distribution centers and Postal hubs within the Postal Service's operations. The Postal Service operates over 30,000 post office location. Over 600 million pieces of mail are delivered by the Post Office to as many as 142 million different delivery points. This totals over 170 billion pieces of mail being delivered annually. The Postal Service operates over 200,000 vehicles and has the largest vehicle fleet in the world. Most of the fleet is right hand drive for easier mail delivery. The availability of job openings is based upon the needs of the Postal Service in each geographic area. Hiring by the Postal Service may depend upon passing job requirements such as an exam, completing a questionnaire, passing a drug screening and/or other screening procedures.
- Full Time, Part Time
- Washington DC, DC