Avera St. Luke's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
Avera Named Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List
- Perform a broad range of laboratory testing in both the clinic and hospital.
- Fully automated, CAP-accredited laboratory.
- Every third weekend and holiday rotation.
- No call involved.
- Staff will be expected to work in the microbiology section primarily.
- Responsible for supplying inventory, quality control, calibration, reagent preparation, etc.
- Initiate and follow through with corrective action as well as manages work flow.
- Communicate laboratory data and pertinent technical information to appropriate departments, healthcare providers and individuals in both verbal and electronic means.
- Participate in development of procedures, protocols, lab manuals, new instrumentation, lab CQI or other activities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science and completion of NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientist program, or a Bachelor's degree in a related science and 1-2 years of experience/training acceptable to the ASCP or AMT for the Medical Laboratory Scientist required.
- Certification as Medical Laboratory Scientist from the ASCP, AMT or equivalent required within 12 months of hire.