Avera St. Luke's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
Avera Named Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List
- Perform a broad range of laboratory testing in both the clinic and hospital.
- Fully automated, CAP-accredited laboratory.
- Every third weekend and holiday rotation.
- No call schedule.
- Staff will be expected to work in the microbiology section primarily.
- Collect appropriate specimen for diagnostic testing.
- Process specimens for transport to reference laboratory for specialized testing with necessary paperwork and documentations.
- Operate and maintain a variety of automated analyzers according to standard operating procedure.
- Collect data, prepare reports, answer correspondence and compile statistics as directed by the laboratory supervisor.
- Work effectively in a team environment, coordinating work flow with other team members.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Completion of a clinical internship as part of degree program.
- National Certification: MLT (ASCP) or equivalent. Certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire date.