If you access any of the OTJ Web Sites from Canada, you agree that by using the Site, you are expressly and affirmatively consenting to the transfer of your data out of Canada to the United States and acknowledge that United States governments, courts of law enforcement or regulatory agencies may obtain disclosure of your data through the laws of the United States.
The information we gather on the OTJ Web Sites may be shared within the OTJ subsidiaries and affiliated companies in order to deliver the products and services we offer to employers such as searches for job seekers or in order to undertake analysis of our database. "Affiliated companies" means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with OnTargetJobs, Inc.
The OTJ Web Sites contain links to other Web sites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other Web sites to which you choose to link from our OTJ Web Sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other Web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information by OTJ
You can use our Sites without revealing any information about yourself. In this case, we gather or may gather certain information about your use of our Sites, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Our Web server may collect the following information about your computer hardware and software: IP address, domain name, browser type and version, operating system type and version, the referring Web site, the Web site you visit next and access times.
This information is used to evaluate different aspects of the OTJ Web Sites, including monitoring Site performance for systems administration purposes, improving the functionality of the Sites, and reporting aggregate information to our clients and prospective customers (e.g. how much traffic we get to the Site). Statistics about traffic patterns and Site usage are reported on an aggregate basis only and do not include any personal information that identifies individuals.
When you register on OTJ, we require the following information from you: name, contact information, email address, and other career related data which varies by site. You may also be asked to provide a copy of your resume for our database.
We use this information to:
- provide job seeker data to employers when the job seeker applies to one of their job postings
- provide resumes database access to searchable resumes for employers/customers with database access; job seekers have the ability to control the confidentiality of their resume within the searchable database
- provide advertisers with aggregate information about our job seeker database
- provide services to job seekers based on their demographics and preference (job alerts, newsletters, etc.)
- provide Web site developers with information that will enable them to develop appropriate content, features and services
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the OTJ Site, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom OTJ has no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the OTJ Site.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) only to paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, and human resource professionals, as well as law enforcement and national security agencies, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We are not responsible for the use made of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your searchable resume at anytime; but, employers, recruiters and others with jobs you have replied to online or who have paid for access to the OTJ resume database or to obtain a copy of that database or have paid for access, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access, may have retained a copy of your resume or profile in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles in these instances.
Your job application history may be retained on some sites. You are able to see your job application history for a limited time, to enable you to see which jobs you have recently applied for. Only you and OTJ employees are able to see your job application history. Any employers with job postings you replied to may also be able to view that apply for a limited time online. Should you choose to remove your resume from our searchable database, we will remove your resume from our externally visible system. Please note that a copy of any information that you have provided may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. However, the information that remains in back-up storage is not accessible on the Internet and does not contain any personal identifying information.
We may also use your contact information to send you emails about updates to the OTJ Web Site or new features or services offered by OTJ or our business partners or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential future products and services. You have the option to decline to receive such information from OTJ online.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to OTJ, such as service announcements, administrative messages, information about specific job opportunities and your interests (such as relevant job alerts, services, educational or career development opportunities), and the OTJ newsletters that are considered part of your OTJ account. Should you choose to submit feedback to OTJ, such feedback becomes our property and we can use such feedback (such as job seeker testimonials) for marketing purposes or to contact you for further information.
You can access, update or edit your account at any time by logging on with you login/username and password. This includes changes to your registration information, resume(s), preferences, job alerts and newsletters. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the "Forgot Password" functionality on the Web sites. If you require assistance, you can contact our service team by using the "Contact Us" link on the Web sites.
OTJ reserves the right to deactivate or delete a job seeker file at our discretion.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, or your combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of OTJ, except as set forth below.
- We disclose information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party.
- We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. You will be notified of a sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via email or through a prominent notice posted on the OTJ Web Sites.
Other Uses of Information
We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to OTJ with its clients, partners and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the OTJ Web Sites and how those visitors use the OTJ Web Sites.
We supply technology, hosting and related services to other leading companies and associations to power recruitment areas on their Web sites (sometimes referred to as "Hosted Career Sites"). Personal and/or demographic information supplied by you in Hosted Career Sites becomes part of the OTJ database, but it is not accessible by anyone other than you, OTJ and the company/association concerned without your consent. If you attempt to register with OTJ after registering with a Hosted Career Site, OTJ will recognize your information and you will be able to use the information you provided to the Hosted Career Site in your MyOTJ account registration.
If you apply for a position on an OTJ site or through a Hosted Career Site, you may be asked to provide information on your gender, race or other protected status where permitted by applicable law. Some employers are required by law to gather this information from job applicants for reporting and record-keeping requirements. You should understand that if provided, this information will be used by employers only in accordance with applicable law and will not be used in making any negative employment decisions. All information provided will be kept separate from your expression of interest in any job opportunity. Providing this information is strictly voluntary and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide this information.
We use "cookies" to help us personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. They are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies permit OTJ to recognize you when you access an OTJ Web Site, thus enabling us to deliver a more personalized experience.
Cookies are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of the Web Site. If you are searching, a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are. If you register with OTJ, cookies assist us in recognizing you on subsequent visits and recall your specific information (e.g. user name or password).
You can adjust the settings on your Web browser to decline all cookies, if you prefer. You may also be able to modify your browser settings so that you are notified each time a cookie is tendered and decide to accept or decline it. Declining cookies may hinder the performance of the OTJ Web Sites.
Security of the Personal Information
The OTJ Web Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
OTJ will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
For more information about your personal privacy rights under Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, please contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca or by calling 1 800 282 1376.
OnTargetJobs, Inc. is a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 6465 South Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 400, Centennial, CO 80111. OnTargetJobs, Inc.'s subsidiaries and affiliated companies have principal places of business in the United States and Canada.
Thank you for using OTJ.
Effective Date: December 31, 2008.